Welcome to Casa de España en Minnesota’s website
CLOSING OF CASA DE ESPAÑA EN MINNESOTA
After seven fruitful years in the community, and with mixed feelings, Casa de España en Minnesota announces that it will disband.
Casa de España en Minnesota was the first and only all-inclusive Spanish non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of the Spanish culture and acting as liaison between Spaniards and Latin Americans who reside in Minnesota and those interested in our culture.
During all these years, Casa de España en Minnesota was able to fulfill our commitment to the community and achieve the goals of our mission. We have been able to offer activities that brought the Spanish and Latin-American culture and traditions to those who have a passion for it; from children´s activities, monthly free film viewing, conversational gatherings, and traditional festivals. It has been a lot of hard work, but the result has been worth the effort.
Since 2010, we established numerous and important connections in the community that allowed us to bring together the Spanish speaking community through multiple activities. Here are some of them:
- Arts presentations by Humberto Huergo at The University of St. Thomas
- Amigos y tapas at various members’ homes
- Basketball Games at the Target Center
- Feria at St. Mary’s Calhoun Event Center, Dancers Studio and ERV Dance Studios
- Celebración del aniversario at our dearest and generous friends the Valencia-Vaccaro and the Puig-Powell
- Children’s activities at The Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia), community centers, The Raptor Center, Home Depot, MacPhail Center for Music, The Arboretum, various parks and Children´s Theater Company
- Christmas Dinner at different Twin Cities locations
- Cine forum at The University of St. Thomas and Macalester College
- Cooking classes at Macalester College and Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
- Fiesta del jamón at the home of the Valencia-Vaccaro family
- General activities at the Science Museum and the Landmark Center
- Happy Hour en español at different locations throughout the Twin Cities
- International Spanish Music Festival at The Ordway, Beth El Synagogue, St. Mark´s Episcopal Cathedral, MacPhail Center for Music, the Landmark Center and the Mia
- Spanish conversational groups at The University Club of St. Paul
- Movie showings at the Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul, The University of St. Thomas, Hennepin County Library and Parkway Theater
- Target Family Day: “ESPAÑA” at the Mia
- Tertulia literaria at Macalester College
- Visit to the Wilson Library Rare Books Collection at the U of M
We are also proud of the great variety of partnerships created, such as with the Cultural Office and the Office of Labor and Social Security at the Embassy of Spain, Schubert Club, Zorongo Flamenco, Twin Cities Flamenco Artists Co-op, Carleton College, De Danza, Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra (SPCO), The Rose Ensemble, St. Catherine University, University of Minnesota, Alliance Française, Italian Cultural Center, Consulate of México in Minnesota, Concordia Villages, Agencia Andaluza del Flamenco, Ayuntamiento de Sevilla, Walking the Camino, Noche Hispana, Dunwoody College of Technology, Teatro del Pueblo, Commusication, and many more, including our generous sponsors from all over the United States and Spain.With every institution we worked, we can say without any doubt that the relationship was always very positive for every party.
We are extremely grateful for each and everyone who supported us by becoming members, volunteers, attendees and sponsors, and made possible our mission.
2017 International Spanish Music Festival
Casa de España en Minnesota wants to thank everyone who attended the 2017 International Spanish Music Festival, our volunteers, supporters and sponsors.
The Festival was a complete success and we have received a great amount of positive feedback by everyone attending the events.
You can see al the pictures here
Spanish Conversational Group
Cooking with Casa de España
Stuffed Zucchini with bechamel sauce and Natillas!!
Photo used with permission of webos fritos
Taught by a professional cook who worked al El Celler de Can Roca.
The English Restaurant Magazine placed El Celler de Can Roca in 2013 and 2015 first in the world!
Tuesday, March 28 at 6 pm
Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
700 Snelling Ave S, St Paul, MN 55116
$10 for members / $20 for non-members. Space is limited. Reserve your spot by sending a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish Activities throughout the United States & Canada
Click here to view all the information.
And The Beat Goes On!
Zorongo Flamenco Dance Theatre together with Joe Chvala’s Flying Foot Forum present “And The Beat Goes On!”
Where: The Cowles Center
Click HERE to see more information
Casa de España en Minnesota is a non-profit organization officially established on April 14, 2010. Its purpose is to organize, maintain, manage and operate as an association that supports and promotes social, recreational and cultural relations between the Spanish community and the U.S.